Grub problems after RH7.1->FC1 Upgrade

Steve Thorpe thorpe at cnidr.org
Tue Mar 30 13:24:52 UTC 2004

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your message back.  /boot does have its
own partition which is in /etc/fstab and was mounted
at the time of the grub-install.  I am going to
try some more noodling and googling to see if
I can figure this out.

[root at duey1 ~]# grep boot /etc/fstab
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2

[root at duey1 ~]# df /boot
/dev/hda1                38859     12863     23990  35% /boot

[root at duey1 ~]# ls /boot/grub
device.map     fat_stage1_5  grub.conf     menu.lst        reiserfs_stage1_5  stage1  vstafs_stage1_5
e2fs_stage1_5  ffs_stage1_5  jfs_stage1_5  minix_stage1_5  splash.xpm.gz      stage2  xfs_stage1_5

Steve