GTK-2 question

Chris Rouch crouch at pobox.com
Tue Mar 30 13:36:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:35:00 -0800 (PST)
Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry if this is not appropriate for posting here.
>
> I use GTK2-versions of Firefox for my browser and of sylpheed-claws
> for my e-mail  agent. I wanted to use separate themes/settings for
> each of these. How do I set it up if I want to do that? Is it
> possible, or do I have to stick with the same GTK2 settings for every
> application?

I'm coming to this a bit late, so apologies if you've already worked
this out for yourself.

It is certainly possible to override parts of a theme. Have a look at
http://www.moeraki.com/pygtktutorial/pygtk2tutorial/sec-ExampleRcFile.html

To make use of this for sylpheed put your customizations in
~/.sylpheed/gtkrc. This works for sylpheed and sylpheed-claws 0.9.10.

Regards,

Chris