No internet connection

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Mar 30 16:25:09 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 30.03.2004 schrieb Brian Tilley um 17:38:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to run either 'route' or 'iptables' I get a 'command not
> found' error message. When I go to the sbin directory and try it there I
> get the same error message. When I open both "route' and 'iptables' in
> vi I see a bunch of weird symbols???????. The /etc/hosts file seems to
> be OK, with both localhost and my domain listed.
>
> Brian

route and iptables are binaries, no text files. Log in as root
correctly! Either on console directly as root, or become root using su
with the proper command "su -" (see man su). Having not root login shell
but only a shell and you change directory to /sbin you have to run the
command with a leading ./ like ./route.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 18:22:34 up 11 days, 2:04, load average: 1.32, 1.20, 1.17
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]