How I am sharing kppp among mortal users

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat at ongc.net
Tue Mar 30 17:51:22 UTC 2004

Dear Jeff,

Problem is not of permission.I have setup /usr/sbin/kppp as suid and
ownership to dialout group comprising dialling users and root.Problem lien
in the linking of /usr/bin/kppp to consolehelper which in turn would start
/usr/sbin/kppp.Consolehelper is governed by authentication rules and
nobody seems to know it fully here.

Presentlu I have relinked /usr/bin/kppp to /usr/sbin/kppp and duplicated
one and same setting for each user.But here I will miss consolidated
connection log which I would get If I could share one connection among
users.

Thank you and all who participated to help me.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:17:17 -0500, jeff lee <Dibble203 at adelphia.net>