Promise or Highpoint IDE card?

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Mar 31 01:43:19 UTC 2004

I disagree, the first upgrade you do with your kernel, you won't see the
hard drive, stay away from Promise products with Linux, they admit they
have poor or no support for Linux and are software RAID.

Here's a good blurb on SATA adapters, a little off topic, but relevant to
support and general Linux compatibility.

	http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

Regards,

BC