VPN with Fedora - PPTP

Mark Haney mark.haney at doctordirectory.com
Wed Mar 31 22:17:36 UTC 2004

Forwarding TCP and UDP ports means nothing in when it comes to VPNs.  Can
you get a box inside to support IPSec or L2TP? I have encountered the same
issue with the firewall we have and have a box setup with openVPN
(openvpn.sourceforge.net) that builds a good VPN between server and client.

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:13:34 +0200, Sébastien Bisoglio
<bsebastien at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Thanks for the answer...
>
> But I can't make a VPN with IPSEC because my router don't support
> this... I just can forward TCP and UDP ports..
>
> Then if any1 have an idea...
>
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> Hey, we got it already.  You don't need to send it 50 times.  I think
>> using something like FreeS/Wan or the IPsec stack built into the 2.6
>> kernel is your best bet. I never got a pptpd working and the MSChap
>> stuff I think is still experimental.
>>
>> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:40:31 +0200, Sébastien Bisoglio
>> <bsebastien at bluewin.ch> wrote:

<snip>

--
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Mark Haney
Development, Systems and Network Administration
DoctorDirectory.com
http://www.doctordirectory.com