kernel panic!

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat May 1 12:36:28 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 01.05.2004 schrieb dhananjoy chowdhury um 12:01:

> hi Everyone,
> i installed a patch for installing oracle9i AS on my FC1 box
> and after that the system doesn't boot at all ..... it freezes giving
> error

What kind of patch did you install? You patched the Fedora kernel source
and build a custom kernel? You should be more specific with what you did
if you request valid help.

> /sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries : /etc/libwait.so
> :cannot open object file : no such file or directory
> kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
>
> please help...

Did you really search this list's archive? I doubt, because it contains
several good hints for what is needed to install Oracle on FC1. See i.e.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/Oracle9iInstallationOnFedora1.php

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 14:31:44 up 4 days, 13:20, load average: 0.12, 0.06, 0.02
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]