Grub boot options - updated kernel hangs

Dave drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Sat May 1 17:30:25 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----

From: "jludwig" <wralphie at comcast.net>
> This looks like the 32 bit kernel. Isn't the A62 an Athlon a-64 board.
> If so this is the wrong kernel. The kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl.x86_64.rpm
> is the kernel you would need.

the x86_64 kernel is not part of the FC1 nor it's updates.  is there another
one of the kernels that may be better?  What processor is the 686 kernel
for? and lastly, how can I tell which processor the currently installed
kernel is specific for?

From: "Jay Daniels" <drs at pointyhats.com>
> While booting there is "i" for interactive message but it fly's by so
> fast I can't get it to go into interactive mode!

It is just after the "i" for interactive that the system freezes, I think
that is when it tries going into X that it freezes.  Everything flys by
really fast up till the second or 2 pause for the "i" so I can't see what
may be failing.

Dave