UPS daemon recommendations

Kevin F. Berrien kblists at comcast.net
Sun May 2 00:04:31 UTC 2004

I finally cleared it with the boss to kill nt4/iis on the only remaining
box not running apache.  I installed Fedora Core 1.

Unlike at home, now that I've configured the box, and its running I need
to get a UPS daemon running to power down the server if battery life fails.

I played with upsd, the docs stink.  acupsd req and older version of
some dependent app than what the fedora distrib is using.  I downloaded
the APC utility, and while it see's the ups, configuring look as much as
a problem.

I'm interested in what people have had success with.  I be entirely
happy with simple shutdown at bat. low feature.  We have all APC ups's,
serial.

Thanks!