Grub boot options - updated kernel hangs

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Sun May 2 02:04:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 03:32, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Sa, den 01.05.2004 schrieb Jay Daniels um 17:50:
>
> > While booting there is "i" for interactive message but it fly's by so
> > fast I can't get it to go into interactive mode!
> >
> > Guess my server is too fast;)
>
> > jay
>
> That is no real problem: just pass the kernel the information "confirm".
> To do so enter at grub boot screen "a" (all without quotes) and then
> enter "confirm". Start booting by pressing enter key.
>
> Alexander

Alexander, where did you learn about the "confirm" kernel parameter? A
look in /usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt on my
system does not mention it. I've never heard of this one before.

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.