Setting up demand-dialing for a dial-up ISP?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Sun May 2 06:55:39 UTC 2004

I'm trying to setup demand dialing for a dial-up ISP that we're
switching to. Everything is working well using wvdial but I want my
machine to dial out automatically like when fetchmail grabs my email,
etc. Plus I don't think I want to work as root user to dial out. That
doesn't seem safe. Can anyone advice me on how to set this up under
Fedora. I've done it under SuSE, but it was better documented there and
I think the GUI handled some of it.

Preston