KDE 3.2.2 installation error

Keith ac7xc-lnx at wvi.com
Sun May 2 08:46:28 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 20:35, Doug Lane wrote:
> I tried to install the KDE 3.2.2 packages, twice, by downloading the
> files from a KDE.org mirror site and installing using the command
>
> rpm -Uvh *.rpm --force --nodeps
>
> I received an error when starting the newly installed KDE.  Error
>
> Has anyone had this problem and can help me?

 Most likely you need to update a library or program that KDE uses.
Using --force and -nodeps makes it so that you don't know what packages
need upgrading.
 I would try
rpm -Fvh --test /path/to/kde/upgrade/files/*.rpm
or
rpm -Uvh --test /path/to/kde/upgrade/files/*.rpm
and see what packages are needed to upgrade kde.

--
Best Regards,  Keith
NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.org/