Notebook problem

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Sun May 2 11:22:13 UTC 2004

Klár Tamás wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'd like to ask if you know something about the ECS G320 notebook's
> VGA problem because it's now impossible to use it with linux. It's ok
> with win 'cause it's "Designed for Windows XP" but i'd like to use it
> with Linux.
>
> The problem appears when the graphical mode starts, so the machine
> freezes or in some cases I get a funky pictures. !!! But if the driver
> modul of the integrated VGA doesn't work than I get a beautiful
> picture and everything is OK except for video playback for example...
>
> If anyone could help me, I'd really appriciate that.
> Thank's!
> Klár Tamás
>
> Admin of kts.ath.cx

I had a look at the spec for your laptop and it seems to be running a
"Embedded Castle Rock GFX in CLE266" .. I don't know if linux supports
that chipset (you didn't mention what driver you were using) but others
seem to have had *some* success using a standard VESA driver..

Might be worth a shot.. am just speculating..

Cheers

Craig