Fedora 1 and Pine

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Sun May 2 12:27:39 UTC 2004

At 11:50 PM 5/1/2004 -0700, you wrote:

> > > Pine is not included in FC1, so what you're probably seeing is your
> > > old Red Hat 9 version not working with the FC1 libraries.
> > >
> > > Either grab the RH9 SRPM and try to rebuild it, or grab the Pine
> > > packages that Mike Harris makes available from
> > > ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/
>
> > There is also one at
> > http://dag.wieers.com/packages/pine/pine-4.58-1.rhfc1.dag.i386.rpm
>
>There have been some good bug fixes to pine since RH9.  Remove the old
>RH9 version (rpm -e) and then install dag's package (rpm -U).  Better
>yet pick up the source tar ball from Univ of Washington and compile it
>yourself.

Thanks guys.  I did get dag's package and installed it just like a
dream.  The other one from ../mharris didn't work very well. But dag's was
great.   Of course I got rid of the previous version left over from RH9 and
now life couldn't be sweeter..

>The Copyright details do not match Redhat's current strict GPL
>requirements so it was pulled from Fedora.

OK on the Copyright.  I understand.  That was going to be a
question.  Thanks for reading my mind and answering it now..