Seeing files on a Sony memory stick from Digital handycam

Mac mrmack1 at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 15:08:17 UTC 2004

I have a digital handycam with a memory stick
connected by USB.  I am unable to address the stick
and see the files in Fedora Core Linux.  Is there some
way to be able to see the memory stick and to also
stream videos using Linux?  I found the digital camera
tool but that does not address this problem.

(In the dreaded Windows XP I'm able to just plug in
the USB cable and see the memory stick as another type
of drive.)

Thanks,

Mac