BitTorrent help

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Sun May 2 21:49:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 04:18, Martijn Moret wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 00:49, d l wrote:
> >> Get mldonkwy. It works, and it dun need python or X.
> >
> > I tried that and found it nearly impossible to use.
> >
> > The web interface is bizzarre, I could not connect to *any* servers.
> > I finally figured out how to download a torrent manually, but it
> > provides almost no information about the torrents status, and no
> > bandwidth tuning abilities. I deleted it.
> >
> > There currently seems to be a problem with recent wxPython causing me to
> > be unable to use the gui version of Shadow's BitTornado, but I'll wait
> > for it to be resolved and go back to that.
> >
> > --
> > Chris Kloiber
>
> If you want to use the p2p networks (as I do).
> use Overnet http://www.overnet.com command line client for ed2k links (the
> recent version is in the forum:
> http://forum.overnet.com/viewtopic.php?p=325748#325748
>
> I use Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) as bittorrent client, it's
> java based and runs very smoothly on Fedora 1.
>
> I run both beside eachother (on different tcp ports) behind shorewall
> firewall and get great download speeds (near physical max.).
>
> Mail me if you have any questions, I'm quite new to torrent but I'm using
> the overnet cli for quitte some time now!
>
> Regards
> Martijn

Thanks, but I only tried mldonkey as an alternative while BitTornado was
not working correctly. I only use BitTorrent for Fedora isos and the
occasional Enterprise episode when I miss it on TV. but I truly have no
interest in most of the p2p networks. I don't even have an mp3/ogg music
collection. I listen on the radio if I listen at all. There hasn't been
much music made in the last several decades, although they have made a
lot of noise, and a lot of money. :)

Well, I've been off topic this whole thread. Time for me to shut up.

--
Chris Kloiber