FC1 and Belkin OmniView 4-port switch

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon May 3 02:56:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 00:48, Bob Hartung wrote:
> On the other hand, I have a Belkin 4-port PS/2  kvm switch that I use
> with FC1, SuSE, XP, and win2k.  So far no problems with any of these.  I
> did have an issue when I tried SuSE and had to change a mouse driver
> setup.  Otherwise no problem.

Been using a Belkin 4 port unit for some time.  No problems with it
until I replaced the mother board on my Redhat 8 box.  The new Intel
motherboard exhibits the "crazy mouse" syndrome.

Have an 8 port Belkin unit that I have given up on.  That one had the
"crazy mouse" problem with several different systems and operating
systems.  Finally just put the 4 port back in place.  The extra systems
I use via ssh and X-windows or vnc.

Been wanting to try some of the newer units out there.  Last time I
looked there were some nice ones that used a single cable that used
pigtails to connect to the systems.  Problem there is cost.  Based on my
experience I would recommend almost anything else besides Belkin.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>