Mozilla no access to certain sites

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon May 3 05:32:20 UTC 2004

Chadley Wilson wrote:
> G'day to all
>
> The weirdest thing ever.
> I can go to any website I want, but if I go to www.absadirect.co.za
> which is an on-line banking site, I get an error saying host could not
> be found. If I try on my other fedora PC it also doesn't work.
> Since I am behind a proxy I have tried logging in as a different user
> and it still returns the same error.
>
> But if I go on my windows XPlease it works perfectly! :-/
>
> Is it possible that I could have a virus blocking me from the website.
> A virus,,,,, Linux, mmmm!

Nope - I guarantee you it's not that.

Is the XP box behind a proxy as well? Can you go directly (i.e.
circumvent the proxy)?

Reason I ask is because online banking is very sensitive to proxies and
fireballs sometimes. I speak from experience as I have two customers who
cannot access online banking when their Norton Internet Security is enabled.

Regards,
Ed.