This was spam : [Fwd: Corrected document]

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 3 15:40:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:21:13AM -0400, duncan brown wrote:

> Could the fedora list managers somehow fix the archives so email addresses
> aren't machine readable?  i've been recieving more and more spam at this
> address, and the only place it's used is on the fedora mailing list.

Most likely this is one of the recent worms and not spam.
However I do put these in my spam folder for spamassasin.

You were sent a copy because someone on the list had your address or
one of your postings in a place that the worm was able to harvest your
address from.

I do agree that public historic archives should have email addresses
obfuscated.

So to folks on this list: If you read mail from a windows box do
update the system to collect known bug fixes.  Do scan your box for
viruses.  Of interest some of the recent worms trundle through shared
file systems looking for addresses and other opportunities.

Thanks,
mitch

--
  T o m   M i t c h e l l