Old farts and new Linux

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Mon May 3 18:38:20 UTC 2004

Michael Gargiullo said:
>> Gee, and I started programming on a VIC 20 with a tape drive. Shall,
>> we resurrect the Commodore / Atari wars? :-P
>
> Wait... dial into my BBS first... I upgraded it to 1200Bps access  ;-)

i remember staring slack jawed at the 1200bps modem behind the glass at
toys r us... i was using a 300 baud modem on the school's apple IIe's to
do my BBS joy...

oh, but then i got my ps/1 with a 2400 baud modem.  the envy of all of my
friends =]

i can't believe i took the list down to near 0 productivity and 100%
reminiscence. with a single paragraph.

i'm neat.

-d

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991