Tackling a shared USB printer (linux -> WXP)

Brion Swanson brions at poetryproject.net
Mon May 3 22:00:27 UTC 2004

Yikes! No room for error with this crowd!

You make one slip up (accidentally hit *send* before you're done typing) and
everyone's a comedian.

The problem was completely stated in the follow-up message with the same
subject + "- take 2".  I have since solved the problem of being unable to
print from Windows despite my configuration that I DID manage to type in the
first email.

The solution, thanks to Bob, was to uncomment the application/octet-stream
lines in /etc/cups/mime.types and /etc/cups/mime.convs.

In case you were curious, but haven't made it that far in the list.

Cheers!
Brion