dbus-daemon-1

Kevin M. Shortt shortt at cgicafe.com
Mon May 3 23:05:39 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have a fresh install of FC 1. my messagebus service
(/etc/init.d/messagebus) is running by default. I am turning off all
services that I do not need. I have NOT installed X on this machine, nor
to do I plan to in the future. I do not know how to determine if I am in
need of this service. I have read the man page and it's home page at
freedesktop.org/software/dbus .

Can anyone out there in Fedora land give some pointers on how to
determine what software/service depends on this service so I can decide
where or not I need to keep it up and running.

Thanks in advance.

-k