Correct way to mount Win2k3 shares with Samba?

neil neilcuk at aol.com
Tue May 4 12:00:13 UTC 2004

Re: Correct way to mount Win2k3 shares with Samba?
From:
Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com>
Date:
Tue, 04 May 2004 00:19:45 -0700

To:
For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 23:39, Edward wrote:

>> What version of Samba are you running? Bugzilla is showing a heap of
>> W2K3 bugs with some versions of samba.
>>
>>  From just searching and reading, I'm getting the feeling you're not
>> actually doing anything wrong, but that it is a Samba issue, not yours.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ed.

That would make me feel better. Because I feel like I have a good grasp
on Samba, so thus the reason this is so puzzling. I believe I'm using
3.0.2-7.

Preston

The fact that you mount the remote share at all means you are
authenticating - be it the correct credentials or not. I've lost the
original thread - what is the syntax of the command you are using to mount?

neil