Correct way to mount Win2k3 shares with Samba?

Wolfgang wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Tue May 4 13:50:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 12:58, me at prestoncrawford.com wrote:
> I'm having a bear of a time doing this. All I want to do is to write to some Win2k3 SMB shares.
> Anyone done this yet? I can't figure out how to do this.
>
> Preston
[snip]

I haven't been following this thread 100%, but, at the office we run
Win2k3 servers, (Of which one does regular backups) and on my
workstation I run Redhat 9. I use linneighborhood to share data between
the main server and my workstation (and visa versa). It only took me
about 2mins to setup, and I didn't need to configure Samba (Just
basically have all the relevant stuff installed). It works flawlessly
for me. And it writes to M$ NTFS file system without any trouble. And I
believe I'm running the latest versio of samba.

It's worth a shot.

Wolf