FAQs?

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Tue May 4 18:15:03 UTC 2004

John Aldrich wrote:
> Ok... I give up. I'd like to get up2date to, at the very least, keep my RH9
> system updated with all security and errata, but since RedHat is no longer
> supporting RH 9, my only option is Fedora.

You could look at www.fedoralegacy.org (or do a search for Fedora
Legacy). From what I hear, they will basically be supporting end-of-life
RedHat products... for security updates anyway.

> I seem to recall that one can reconfigure Up2Date to download from the Fedora
> servers, but I don't know what changes need to be made. Is there a FAQ
> somewhere on what changed have to be made to get that running?

I don't know about that as Fedora servers will have their own Fedora
updates and not RH9... I may be wrong.

> I also know that up2date will run much like apt in that you can update to the
> next version without having to have physical install media. I'd be interested
> in doing that, but I need to know how, and I'm assuming since the silence to
> my question on this is deafening, that it's in the FAQ somewhere. I'll RTFM
> if someone will point me to TFM!
> 	Thanks...

Sorry but I must remain silent on this one. I have no idea if you can
"apt" your way from RH9 to FC1 or FC2. Maybe you could download disc 1
or create a boot disk and do an FTP install, so you won't need any
physical media other than the initial boot disk. I guess I didn't remain
silent after all.

Hope this helps...

dex