FAQs?

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Tue May 4 18:52:38 UTC 2004

Juan Carlos Inostroza said:
>> I also know that up2date will run much like apt in that you can update
>> to the  next version without having to have physical install media.
>> I'd be interested  in doing that, but I need to know how, and I'm
>> assuming since the silence to  my question on this is deafening, that
>> it's in the FAQ somewhere. I'll RTFM  if someone will point me to TFM!

> instead of Up2date, use YUM or Apt. Yum is integrated in fedora. Apt can
> be downloaded from http://apt.freshrpms.net

even though juan instructed you to get the freshrpms.net apt, you should
really go for the more pd (public domain) www.fedora.us apt, which is an
official extras repository for fedora core, this will also open you up to
a world of extra FOSS.

http://www.linuxadvocate.net/apt

instructions.

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991