Hang During Install

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Wed May 5 02:03:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 20:56, Alexander J. Oss wrote:
> I'm trying to install Fedora Core 1 on an old 200 MHz Pentium (or PII?).  I
> get as far as installation of packages, and it just hangs in the middle of
> the installation.  I've tried this three or four times; sometimes it gets as
> far as disc 2, but usually it's still on disc 1.
>
> Any ideas what might hang the install?  The mouse cursor still moves,
> although I don't recall if the hourglass is rotating or not.
>
> Thanks!
1) How much memory does your machine have?
2) Have you done a media check on the disks?
3) Try <cntl,alt,f2> shell prompt,
4) <cntl,alt,f3> & <cntl,alt,f4> show what is happening at that moment.
This will tell you if you are having issues with your cdrom drive and
such problems. (I have had cdroms that have issues on long reads)

--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>