Fedora Core 1 Install problem: X-window ?

Wed May 5 14:44:45 UTC 2004

hi,

I have been posting several times today.

I am having a lot of problems to install Fedora Core1 on my system.

First of all, when I tried to boot from the cd I tried to install in grafical mode, but when anaconda started all I got was a white screen with my mouse pointer on it, i could not move the pointer, and nothing happened at all.

Then somebody here gave me the tip to try and install in text mode, so i did that and I was able to install Linux completely.

But there were problems when I first started the system, I got the screen that gave the startup procedure but the system froze when it tried to load firstboot.

Again I posted and Alexander and iludwig gave me the advice to edit my grub config and change it to
kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdd-ide-scsi norhgb confirm

so that is what i did, i anwered all the questions with yes in order to start as much services as possible, i did the same when I came to firstboot.
Miraculously i got the welcome screen from firstboot, it said that there were some steps ahead in order to complete the system configuration, i clicked the next button... and again the system froze.

So, I conclude that there must be a problem with the Xwindow system as everytime it is loaded something seems to go wrong (correct me if I am wrong)

Could somebody tell me what to do?

Matt.