Escaping "upgrade hell"

Bob Shaffer fedora at bobshafferscomputer.com
Wed May 5 14:49:12 UTC 2004

I was looking at linux distributions.  I haven't looked at Debian
recently, but I probably will.  The weakness with Red Hat in the past has
been that they release updates for security/errata which can be applied to
you existing release, but actual upgrades had to be done in a huge batch
(like from a CD) when the new release came out.  If I could upgrade
anything and/or everything without doing that, it would make things much
easier in the long run.