rpm upgrades segfaulting FC1

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 5 16:11:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:29:21AM -0500, Brian Hankins wrote:
> Panu Matilainen wrote:
> >On Tue, 4 May 2004, Brian Hankins wrote:
> >

> >>I am having some trouble with rpm upgrades, while installing new
> >>packages works fine. This is what I see when running this:
> >># rpm -Uvh package.rpm
> >>Segfault
> Thanks for everyone's advice so far. I am not ready to try the rescue CD

Do you have a reference system to compare and contrast?
If so you can check each file involved by moving a copy
from the problem box to the reference box and checking.

Also try "strace -f -o /tmp/strace-rpm rpm -Uvh package.rpm"

In /tmp/strace-rpm you will see all the libs that it works with.  and
when it breaks.  Perhaps a library link is broken.  Also you can run
in the debugger... gdb...

Anyhow compare and contrast with a healthy box,  it may be obvious
what is wrong when you do.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l