Old Farts (Was: Re: new FC1 install problems)

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Wed May 5 16:39:36 UTC 2004

neil said:
> On Monday 03 May 2004 07:44 am, duncan brown wrote:
>

> Dude - That's quite naive if you don't mind me saying. It's the people
> over thirty that have made the major contributions getting Linux where
> it is today. If you think you'll be over the hill at thirty, then in all
>  likely hood you will be. You'd better ditch your PCs now and get
> yourself a nice, simple, uncomplicated, user friendly Macintosh while
> the going is good.

if fedora core didn't become what it is now, i probably would have gone
mac for my desktop, but i think i'll always be linux on the server side.

and i wasn't saying that once you're over 30 you're the enemy, you're
useless or anything else negitive.  it's that everyone i know that likes
linux is under 30, i havn't been to a lug meeting... so that's probably
getting in the way of that experience (besides 2006 comming around)

i know that a great majority of the contributions to FOSS come fromthose
over 30, i don't dispute that.

and i never said anything about being over the hill at 30, i think that in
modern times 'over the hill' is more like 60 anyway.  later retirement is
a huge factor in that.

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991