OT: New low for Microsoft!

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed May 5 17:35:17 UTC 2004

At 09:46 5/5/2004, Pedro Macedo wrote:
>duncan brown wrote:
>>and computers that are around now are overpowered
>Not exactly. It's overpowered for *normal* usage (with this I mean web
>browsing , listening to mp3s , watching DVDs , etc). For people who work
>with computer science and computer related researches , every extra clock
>cycle is useful.

Please remember that we are talking about the hardware requirements of the
*operating system* which is not performing any of those tasks. Whatever the
OS requires is what *everyone* using it would need, not just what a power
user running simulators would need. Do not confuse the OS hardware
requirements with the requirements of any given application.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com