Missing Lib file.

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 5 19:53:34 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 05.05.2004 schrieb Ted Gervais um 21:38:

> Alexander..
>
> I have your response to my question about the missing gmpxx.so.3 file
> but there is nothing in your response?  Maybe you attached a file or
> something?  Nothing in your response to read??

Sorry, the list manager program currupted my reply. So here again:

Am Mi, den 05.05.2004 schrieb Ted Gervais um 21:07:

> I was wondering the best way to replace a lib file that is missing. It
is
> gmpxx.so.3.
> Could I use yum or apt-get to download the replacement?  Or should I
just
> go to the 'rpmfind' site and find it that way.
>
> Just wondering a simple clean way of putting this file back in its
place..

> Ted Gervais,

Do you actually need the library because you want to compile something
against it?

As I answered you before: write a bugzilla article about wrong packaged
gmp-devel RPM. Either the gmpxx.so.3 is really missing or libgmpxx.so is
wrongly linked and the target should be /usr/lib/libgmpxx.so.3.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 21:52:22 up 8 days, 20:40, load average: 0.75, 0.60, 0.37
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]