OS Performance (was OT: New low for Microsoft!)

Kevin F. Berrien kblists at comcast.net
Wed May 5 21:17:22 UTC 2004

I will second this.  I have two Pent II boxes, some 192 megs ram, that I
use for test boxen, home network stuff.  I found RH9 more sluggish in
gnome than FC1 as well.  FC1 seems a bit more jumpier than RH9 was.

I do agree however, that Gnome/KDE have gotten bloated, just as XP did.
Compare Win2k desktop to XP sometime, you'll notice a large speed
difference, not to mention XP gui is very buggy still.

Unfortunately, our GUI's are becoming less GUI's and more applications
as time goes bye.