Missing Lib file.

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Wed May 5 23:27:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 16:53, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 05.05.2004 schrieb Ted Gervais um 21:38:
>
> > Alexander..
> >
> > I have your response to my question about the missing gmpxx.so.3 file
> > but there is nothing in your response?  Maybe you attached a file or
> > something?  Nothing in your response to read??
>
> Sorry, the list manager program currupted my reply. So here again:

OK.  And Thanks...

> Am Mi, den 05.05.2004 schrieb Ted Gervais um 21:07:
>
> > I was wondering the best way to replace a lib file that is missing. It
> is
> > gmpxx.so.3.
> > Could I use yum or apt-get to download the replacement?  Or should I
> just
> > go to the 'rpmfind' site and find it that way.
> >
> > Just wondering a simple clean way of putting this file back in its
> place..
>
> > Ted Gervais,
>
> Do you actually need the library because you want to compile something
> against it?

No. I don't really need that file.  At least, I don't think so.
Everything seems to be working just fine with or without it, but I sense
from your question that maybe if things are fine without it, than just
leave things alone and live without it??

--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia