Taming the mailing lists?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu May 6 01:00:33 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 13:43, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
>At 10:37 5/5/2004, you wrote:
>>Rodolfo, you've made some excellent points, far better than I
>> could.
>>
>>May I quote your entire post to some people I know who desperately
>> need to shut down their forums and start some mailing lists?
>
>Thanks! And for the record, anything I post to a mailing list I
> define as for public use and benefit. Use for whatever purpose
> suits you, and delighted that it *was* useful in any way.
>
>>LSMFT
>
>Saw this on the other thread, but I miss the significance of the
> phrase...? You wanna educate me some?

Thats a sales phrase, dating to about 50 years ago, repeated ad
infinitum on the radio of the day, and even into tv days.

LSMFT="Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco".  Lucky Strike was (and may
still be, I quit cold turkey 15 years ago and frankly don't follow
that sort of stuff anymore) a brand of cigarettes sold here in the
US.  I smoked them for a bit 55 some years ago, but then switched to
Camels for the next 40 or so years.  But I got sick of being sick, so
I quit.  Simple cause and effect decision, really.

--
Cheers, gene