Firewall

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Thu May 6 11:34:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 00:43, Jason M Evans wrote:
> Thanks!  Will McAfee work on my Linux side?  My friend told me that it
> won't, and that Linux doesn't need anti-virus.  I understand about the
> root thing, that viruses can't get to system files.  So is Linux TOTALLY
> virus proof?  What about spyware, should I install Spybot S&D on my
> Linux side?
>
> I will go to those links, thank you so much!
>
> Jason.
1) There is a McAfee for linux

2) Any operating system can be attacked by viruses. The idea is to make
this as hard as possible and use a Anti-Virus program to check the
system.

3) Spyware in not a necessarily a virus and therefore needs its own
programs for protection ( S.A. a IP sniffer). (Sometimes this is bundled
with the Anti-Virus program)

--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>