Tool for recovering data from crashed HD

d l popgojp at yahoo.co.jp
Thu May 6 16:20:09 UTC 2004

If the disc has really failed(partially), it might be
better to use a devel-board/devel-box instead of your
production machine when trying to retrive the data back.

Many devel boards have IDE port built in, you can look at
the disc data sector by sector with it. And when the disc
fails, you just have to restart the devel board (take
~10-30 secs). much better then having to wait for linux to
reboot over and over.

--- jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net> からのメッセージ: