need help putting Alsa on FC2T2

Doug Robson cdrobsonjr at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 21:11:11 UTC 2004

I am trying to get Alsa installed on FC2T2
which has kernel-2.6-1.65.
I am needing to install the
kernel-source-2.6.1-1.65.i386.rpm .
But the install blows up complaining of a missing
file:
/usr/src/linux-2.6.1-1.65/include/linux/version.h
I checked, and sure enough it isn't there.

What to do about it.  I read somewhere that the new
Make clean now wipes out version.h
Is this maybe what happened when the Fedora
distribution
folks put out the kernel-source RPM?

Whatever the case, now how do I get a valid version.h
file to stick in where it belongs so that I can
install
the kernel-source and get on with the installation of
Alsa?

I did find a version.h file located at
/lib/modules/2.6.1-1.65/build/include/linux/version.h

But I have no earthly idea if that contains the same
information that would exist in the kernel build
needed for the RPM script to complete.

This is what is in that file:
#define UTS_RELEASE "2.6.1-1.65"
#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 132609
#define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c) (((a) << 16) + ((b) <<
8) + (c))

Any help would be much appreciated.

Doug