tripwire not in FC1?

neil neilcuk at aol.com
Fri May 7 10:03:33 UTC 2004

abonnema at xs4all.nl wrote:

> Mike Klinke wrote:
>
>> /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-1/RELEASE-NOTES-i386
>>
>> search for tripwire....
>>
>> Regards,  Mike Klinke
>>

> Thank you. So, I can't use tripwire because of "developer resource
> constraints" (whatever that is...).
>
> I still think it would be quite useful: what could replace tripwire
> i.e. has the same functionality?
>
> Guus.

although not identical - the RPM verification feature can tell you what
file(s) from a particular package have changed since installation. Use:

 RPM -Va

to run this check against the entire install. Of course, this is only
useful if you are installing everything via RPM. But if you're anal
about security, this is probably what you do anyway.

neil