fedora-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 88

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri May 7 14:55:42 UTC 2004

At 00:22 5/7/2004, you wrote:
>However, RedHat's new structure is to sell annual support contracts, not to
>sell a supported version of Linux.  If you sell me a contract for phone
>support
>then I think I am entitled to at least regular updates, maybe even a callback.

Of course.

>I don't give any slack to companies just because they are selling Linux.
>Actually, I would like to see companies selling Linux to be held to the
>same high standards as Linux itself.

Agreed.

I just happen to cut some slack to any company which has already earned my
trust and goodwill in the past, when I know that they are in a transition
process and making changes. It's natural for something to go wrong and
quality to drop *temporarily*... and while I demand the same level of
service I used to get, and while I scream bloody murder in the process, I
do try to help them get past it and I do cut them some slack. Red Hat is
such a company.

You are by no means supposed to think the same way I do... I just still
disagree with your "support sucks" outburst. Send an email that is harsher
than that to a bunch of people at RH, I say, but not to the list... no one
gains by that, not even you.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com