need help putting Alsa on FC2T2

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri May 7 18:26:14 UTC 2004

Doug Robson wrote:
> I am trying to get Alsa installed on FC2T2
> which has kernel-2.6-1.65.
> I am needing to install the
> kernel-source-2.6.1-1.65.i386.rpm .
> But the install blows up complaining of a missing
> file:
> /usr/src/linux-2.6.1-1.65/include/linux/version.h
> I checked, and sure enough it isn't there.
>
> What to do about it.  I read somewhere that the new
> Make clean now wipes out version.h
> Is this maybe what happened when the Fedora
> distribution
> folks put out the kernel-source RPM?

This isn't the right forum, but you must go through at least the "make
dep" phase of a kernel build to get the version.h file.

This forum is for the stable release of Fedora.
-          "How does that damned three seashell thing work?"         -
-                           - Sylvester Stallone, "Demolition Man"   -