Pango problems galore

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri May 7 21:18:38 UTC 2004

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I'm having one heck of a time with FC1 on this machine.  I've gone
> into housecleaning mode and at one point had nothing pango related
> that didn't come from the rpms on the first 2 FC1 disks.
>
> But I cannot, for instance, build from a tarball, the gkrellm-2.1.18
> release and get any config menus out of it.  The main screen works
> good, but I've no way to reconfigure it.
>
> gkrellm is consistently looking in the wrong place for the module list
> that pango-querymodules makes if you redir its output to the file.
> So I copied the pango dirtree to where it was looking, but that makes
> absolutely no difference, still no menu's.  Is the FC1 pango install
> somehow busted?  If so, how can I go about fixing it?

gkrellkm 2.1.21 works just peachy for me on FC1 via yum update.  If
you're building from a tarball, did you make sure you used the right
./configure options?  You probably have to specify where the pango
objects are, as the tarball probably expects them somewhere in
/usr/local by default.  Most tarballs expect stuff in /usr/local and
it's up to you to use the "--with-whatever=/path" to tell the configure
script where to find the stuff associated with "whatever".

"./configure --help" should show you most, if not all, of the options
that configure script groks.
- grasshopotomaus: A creature that can leap to tremendous heights... -
-                                                ...once.            -