Threads

Neil Hodge nhodge at comcast.net
Sat May 8 01:04:48 UTC 2004

All:

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 16:30, Juan Carlos Inostroza wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 19:14, jasonevans9 at cox.net wrote:
> > Can I request to fedora list that I only receive emails
> > responding to my questions?  I tried keeping up with all of it,
> > because I am eager to learn, but I am overwhelmed.  I better stick
> > to a few things at a time.
>
> A little OT.
>
> Well, that's what mailing lists are for. To read a question from
> somebody and read the answers from somebody else. If you want to stick
> to "reading only the emails with the answers to my questions", then
> stick to some other type of help (technical support, maybe).
>
> BTW, i have learned a lot of tricks for Fedora from other people's
> messages. Even if i cannot keep track of all the messages from this
> mailing list. And it's worth the time. So, take your time, or select all
> the mails from this ML and press Ctrl-K sometimes (on Evolution, it
> works ;-) )

Another good way to use this list:

* I filter all of the posts to a mail folder, so they don't clog up my
inbox.

* Once or twice a week, I browse the subjects, to see if anything
interesting stands out.

* If I ever need some specific information, I can search the full text
of all postings, which is much faster than looking at the archive on the
web.

So, as you see, you don't really need to read all of the postings for
this list to be useful.

Neil Hodge