second network card

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Sat May 8 02:24:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 21:35, John Dean wrote:
snip
> > On my system, the network config panel has a tab for devices.  Then the
> > button to add a new device will assist.  Here I see the adapter, and not
> > the ethX device.  Have you tried that?
> >
> > It is obvious from the earlier post that the system sees the device, and
> > that it can be configured and used.
> >
> > You also may be able to manually set up the config files and use it as is.
snip
I have run into multiple card issues and found clearing and/or editing
all references to the card(s) -- usually!!

Places that need editing clearing.
1) /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices
2) /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles
3) /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
4) /etc/modules.config (or modprobe.config for 2.6 kernel)
--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>