re NFS with firewall

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Sat May 8 20:06:52 UTC 2004

download and install firestarter from fedora.us

also, download their apt and synaptic packages, and use apt to install
firestarter and any possible dependencies.

http://www.linuxadvocate.net/apt/apt-use/

Charles Tharp said:

> I have been working with trying to run nfs through the firewall . Is it
> correct that I must set
> my open ports during the install, as I see no way to set them with the
> security cfg mge later on.
> is it just my distro that I am using, I are running several versions rh9
> from sam's books,  fedora from sam,s books and a download from a rh
> mirrow, and they all run the same.   I saw mention of being able to
> download a secruty manager, simular to the version used druing the
> install. but at this moment have not been able to find it.
>
> seems like a can run  samba, nfs, ssh all ok with the firwall disabled
> but nothing with it on &/customized.
>
> anyone with si,mulare exeperiances, and fixes.
>

> will try dl a running the fc2 this weekend.
> catharp.bellsouth.net
> www.48lanes.com
>

> --

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991