Call for Yum Frontend

Davy Brion ralinx at pandora.be
Sun May 9 10:41:21 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 01:21, Austin Isler wrote:
> I personally feel that doing work from xterm is beneficial. In the Linux
> world, many people say that RH/Fedora babies their users. They say that
> everything is handed to us and that we dont have to work for it. For
> instance the anaconda installer, gentoo users have much to say about
> that. I like using Fedora, but I also want to learn unix, so I try to
> use xterm as much as I can.
>
> Austin

who cares about what 'they' say?  should we not try to offer the best
possible linux solution to various types of linux users just because of
what 'they' say?

If a yum frontend would be included, would that in any way prevent you
from using CLI yum? I don't think so.  At most, it would take you longer
to get to know about CLI yum because the GUI yum would be more visible
to you from the start... but then again, since you said you would like
to use a terminal as much as possible, you'd find out about the CLI yum
very soon anyway.