Call for Yum Frontend

D James maestronn at wowway.com
Sun May 9 11:45:45 UTC 2004

Robert Marcano wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 22:24, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>

>>On May  8, 2004, Jason Knight <tuxpenguin at austin.rr.com> wrot
>>

>>>I think it is seriously time to consider someone writing a yum
>>>frontend that could be included with the standard fedora desktop.
>>>

>>Err...  In what sense is up2date not that?
>>

>It would be nice to add up2date (gui version) the options to add, edit
>and remove repositories, and to use the native yum.conf file

Actually, I think that the Redhat Package Management tool that comes
with Fedora should be modified to work with yum and additional
repositories.  You should be able to switch to a more detailed view of
packages if you want and  track all packages on the system.  In other
words a TRUE package management tool.

I think this discussion should be on fedora-desktop-list.