setting up ppp using wvdial?

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Sun May 9 20:43:48 UTC 2004

redhat-control-network &

The Gnome ppp dialer which used wvdial (as far as I know) was never
ported to GTK+2 or Gnome 2.2.

This looks like an attempt to create gppp for Gnome 2.2 but it's in
the pre-alpha stage.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gppp/

While most have DSL or some type of broadband network connection,
there is still a need for a gnome ppp dialer on laptops!

For the time being you can use redhat-control-network and the command
wvdial to start and stop your dialup connection.  Ctl+c to kill wvdial
in a terminal.  Nasty, but it works.

jay