follow up: pp scanner

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon May 10 13:43:59 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 10.05.2004 schrieb Florian Idelberger um 15:29:

> > [root at incarnationofdeath plustek_driver]# make load
> > /sbin/modprobe pt_drv || exit 1
> > sh: line 1: modprobe: command not found
> > modprobe: pre-install pt_drv failed
> > modprobe: insmod pt_drv failed
> > make: *** [load] Fehler 1
> > [root at incarnationofdeath plustek_driver]#

Looks a bit curious as the full path to modprobe is given and a system
without modutils would simply not run.

A wild guess: did you become root with "su -" or just "su"? I last then
keep in mind that this is mostly insufficient as it does not set the
full environment for root (see man su for details about login shell).

> Why is that? Because the error message isn't very specific, are there
> any chances to know what exactly went wrong?

See above and be sure you got root with "su -" or "su -l". And have a
look at the Makefile, especially the part which has the instructions
about "load".

> I appreciate your help,
> florian

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 15:40:26 up 13 days, 14:28, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.08
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]